Dave Gorman’s Googlewhack

Dave Gorman is a comedian who goes to great lengths to get material
for his show and books – in fact, he would probably go to any length to
get material. And that includes traveling around the world meeting
complete strangers because of a truly wacky (and fun) idea. But let’s
start at the beginning, with a seemingly innocent email Dave received.
Dave, 31, and possibly in an early mid-life crisis, wanted to write a
novel. I guess it wasn’t real writer’s block that kept him from doing so:
it was his computer. Dave in his show tells of a truly life-changing
incident:
“Jake [the publisher] lied to me. Jake said it’s just you, your
imagination, and your computer. That’s not strictly speaking
true! My computer is attached to the internet. The internet
contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don’t know
about you, but I find everything in the whole wide world ever to
be a bit distracting! I would sit there at the computer
thinking… Right, here we go, Chapter one! Aahhhh.... just
as soon as I’ve checked my email!”
Dave continues to tell that he receives more emails than he could ever
read – not just from friends, family and colleagues, but complete
strangers as well. One of these emails in particular captured his
attention. The email contained very little, and even less that Dave
understood. All it read was:

Powered by Blogger